unveiling our in utero name for baby

– Posted in: export, family business, motherhood

I’ve been waiting until I was certain I’d felt the first movements of this Baby Five to unveil our in utero name for him or her, but honestly that hasn’t yet happened. Almost 18 weeks and no kick, kick—what is up? We had our second appointment with our midwife yesterday and all is well. Heart rate in the 140s, which according to certain old wives’ tales, is on the cusp of indicating GIRL. Since it’s on the cusp though it could also indicate BOY.

Look, I am not a good gender predictor myself –haven’t been for any of my own babies except for Gus. I always knew Gus was Gus. So you won’t find me committing to either. But I do enjoy other people’s guesses!

Seems we’ve just got a chill baby hanging out in there. You know that’s okay by me. I’ll just continue to stand by, and concentrate, and before I drift off to sleep at night….feel for a sign from this babe.

This babe. Baby Five. I’m quite tired of calling Baby Five, Baby Five. You have to be too, no?

Mitchell took this picture of me at 16 weeks pregnant–almost two weeks ago. Without further ado…

photo November201310_zpsec9af43d.jpg

Leo and Gus and Matilda came up with the name Cupcake. For weeks and weeks now they’ve been giving Cupcake hugs when the mood strikes them. Asking me how Cupcake is doing. We talk about how Cupcake is growing. When Cupcake will be coming out to meet us all.

Before Leo got in the car for school yesterday morning he put his arms around me and said “I just love you so much. You’re so adorable.” And I was like Are you talking to me?

And he was like No Mom. Sigh. Cupcake.

So. Cupcake is loved, loved, loved already. It’s gonna be a really big thing around here when Cupcake hears those kind words spoken up close to my belly and those tight hugs and squeezes from arms around my belly …..and the kids feel an actual kick back.

Or you know, a punch. Whatever mood Cupcake happens to be in too.

THREE CHEERS FOR CUPCAKE REINHART.

Now, come on Cupcake. Time to make your move. We are all waiting somewhat patiently.

photo 6DA469A94323D01E3296CAEB39195D46_zpsd324941e.png
Sarah

Sarah

I'm mom to four and expecting our fifth child in May 2014. Five years ago I put down the key to my middle school classroom and picked up a camera instead. Now a part time photographer and freelance writer, I blog to share our stories and the joy I find as I go. For more on my abundance seeking philosophy, check out my piece on The Huffington Post
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah

Latest posts by Sarah (see all)

23 Comments… add one

Kim
December 4, 2013, 7:43 pm

Oh, Sarah! Would you believe that Cupcake was the name that my oldest gave our youngest before he was born? That is what he wanted to call him, too – “because he is so cute.”
So needless to say, I love the name Cupcake.
Also, you look wonderful and so happy! :)
Kim recently posted…EmbracedMy Profile

Greta
December 4, 2013, 9:05 pm

Hip hip hoor-CUPCAKE! I think Little Cupcake Reinhart is a girl. What a sweet set of siblings She (or he) will have! And chill babies are pretty awesome, especially after birth. :)
Greta recently posted…Christmas Conversations. #iPPPMy Profile

Kerstin
December 4, 2013, 9:32 pm

Yay for Cupcake Reinhart!
It’s an awesome name, your kids have it all figured out!
I’m placing my bets on a girl as well :)
Kerstin recently posted…Spreading JoyMy Profile

ashley December 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

Love the name cupcake! All of my boy’s heart rates were in the 140′s! I think one appt. Griffin’s was in the 150′s! I can’t wait to follow your blog and see what this munchkin is! Hope you are feeling well! Take care!

Alison
December 5, 2013, 1:18 am

You know I LOVE the nickname!!!
Alison recently posted…Do More Of What Makes You HappyMy Profile

Tricia
December 5, 2013, 1:29 am

Love it! Can’t wait to meet you, Cupcake!
Tricia recently posted…A flash of a moment in timeMy Profile

Cheryl
December 5, 2013, 1:46 am

Absolutely love it. And what a lucky little cupcake to have siblings as sweet as hers (I’m going with girl). :)
Cheryl recently posted…Once in a lifetimeMy Profile

Brittany
December 5, 2013, 1:46 am

I love the name and I can’t wait to meet your little one. I’m always just on board for healthy boy or girl!
Brittany recently posted…Comforts of Home Epic Holiday Giveaway!My Profile

tracy
December 5, 2013, 2:05 am

Awww – I love cupcake!
tracy recently posted…Renting A House In Nosara Costa RicaMy Profile

Andrea
December 5, 2013, 2:42 am

So cute! We never gave our babies names in utero. I love it! And how cute that your kids already favor him? Oh-oh. It’s a him. ;)
Andrea recently posted…DIY Mac and Cheese on the StoveMy Profile

Leighann
December 5, 2013, 3:29 am

Such a wonderful name. We always called my daughter peanut. Can’t wait to hear when those kicks start.
Leighann recently posted…Behind the ScenesMy Profile

Kristin Shaw
December 5, 2013, 4:02 am

And now I want a cupcake. Not a baby Cupcake (!!!) but one I can eat. ;-)
I love this, and you look simply adorable!
Kristin Shaw recently posted…What I will knowMy Profile

Keely
December 5, 2013, 4:17 am

Oh my god, that’s perfect. Everyone loves a cupcake!!
Keely recently posted…Ridiculously Tired Recap.My Profile

Amanda Jillian
December 5, 2013, 4:23 am

So freaking cute! I wasn’t too inventive with my kids in utero names. AJ was Monster and Ariel was Mermaid when I wasn’t calling her demon spawn (there’s a story to that lol I said it lovingly)
Amanda Jillian recently posted…On Being Plus SizeMy Profile

Tracie
December 5, 2013, 10:49 am

Three cheers for Cupcake!!

That really is a great name.
Tracie recently posted…The Wheel Of Time Turns To MurderMy Profile

Angela
December 5, 2013, 5:38 pm

I love it! Cupcake. So sweet. I am so enjoying following your sweet family’s journey with Baby Number Five, I mean Cupcake. :)
Angela recently posted…Elfing & Holiday RulesMy Profile

Carolyn Y
December 5, 2013, 7:25 pm

I’m going with Girl – for Matilda :)

Love the cupcake name. My niece named my “nephew” Baby Shrek.
Carolyn Y recently posted…Paper Clip AngelsMy Profile

Elaine A.
December 5, 2013, 10:20 pm

That’s our hamster’s name!! Oh wait… ;)

Seriously, so loved, so sweet. You look GREAT!!
Elaine A. recently posted…My ApartmentMy Profile

Lady Jennie
December 7, 2013, 4:16 pm

So cute! My MIL gave the name Balteshezzar since we never revealed the name before the birth.
Lady Jennie recently posted…Back to our Regularly Scheduled ProgramMy Profile

get smart December 8, 2013, 10:18 am

We created a page called “ Find Local Cupcakes ” and we will be updating it with bakeries by state/area, etc. We need your help! Where do you get your cupcakes from?! and where do you live? Comment!
get smart recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile

Life of K
December 13, 2013, 1:09 am

Love it! Maybe Cupcake will be a chill baby for you.
Life of K recently posted…Wordless Wednesay and iPPP: Enjoying the snowMy Profile

Runnermomjen December 14, 2013, 3:34 am

Haha…love the Leo story. Yes, so loved already :)
And what an awesome belly you have. You look wonderful, Sarah.
Runnermomjen recently posted…Sunset Running…My Profile

Jennifer Kimberley January 24, 2014, 11:10 am

Hello, Cupcake! Looking forward to seeing your pictures here..:)
Jennifer Kimberley recently posted…frozenshouldertherapy.com – $29.95My Profile